Sunday, May 4, 2014

Moving to Texas

Hello, I'm Noelle!

Welcome to my blog! I first want to thank the talented Laura Preswich whose designs and insights you can find at http://www.lprestwichdesigns.com/ and http://ohthoseprestwiches.blogspot.com/. She is responsible for the design of this lovely blog. I also want to thank my blogging friends heather Black (http://www.fromheretothere-blog.com/) and Stefani Sloma (http://caughtreadhanded.wordpress.com/). I highly encourage you to check them both out.

Now, enough about them, let's talk about me! (This is sarcasm. I promise to use it with caution.) This blog will be about everything from music to literature to DIY projects. Pinterest would probably call this a "lifestyle" blog so I guess that's what it is. I figured now was as a good a time as any since my life is actually interesting this week.


In a nutshell, I am relocating from my home state, Mississippi, to the Texas hill country. (Doesn't that sound so romantic?) I'll be working at a university there doing all kinds of great things about which I am very excited. What I am NOT excited about  is all the packing, the 10-hour drive, and the unpacking. Oh dear, the unpacking. To distract and entertain myself (and you), I am creating a "Moving Out" playlist. Obviously, I will not be creating  a playlist to last the whole 10-hour drive. That would be inconceivable! Instead, I will be giving you a shorter list of great songs for the road. I'll also be posting this on my Spotify profile so you can take a listen if you'd like. Or you can just look them up on Youtube. I'm not the boss of you.

I will hopefully be documenting more of the move to Texas as things go on so keep an eye out for that excitement!

1. Ends of the Earth - Lord Huron
2. From a Window Seat - Dawes
3. Goldmine - Cereus Bright
4. Keep Your Head Up - Ben Howard
5. Back In the World - David Gray
6. Amsterdam - Peter Bjorn and John
7. Victory - Janelle Monae
8. Emmylou - First Aid Kit
9. Clementine - Sarah Jaffe
10. Song for Leaving - Brett Dennen
11. Long Way Home - Tom Waits
12. Half Moon - Blind Pilot
13. Ragged Wood - Fleet Foxes
14. Remember My Name - Yuna
15. Tamacun - Rodrigo y Gabriela
16. Back Down South - Kings of Leon
17. 1977 - Anita Tijoux
18. Never Going Back Again - Fleetwood Mac
19. Send Me On My Way - Rusted Root
20. Budapest - Geoge Ezra


Now, your turn: What do you listen to on long road trips/moving?

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Oh my gosh!!! This makes my heart SUPERBLY happy! I cannot wait to keep up with you through blogging - considering you probably won't actually talk to me ever again once you move. {Insert sad face here}. I listen to Disney on road trips though. You should incorporate some of that - and think of me. Thanks for the shout out! I'm working on my new and improved blog, once that's up and running, I'll be shouting your name from the rooftops! (of blog land that is). Ok, bye!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather, of course I'll listen to Disney and think of you! We'll have to talk again at least to set up our next Disney run. :)

      Delete
  2. <3 Thanks for the shout out, 2! I'm glad your blog is finally up. I'm excited to see what's coming up. :)
    I don't have a set playlist when I drive. I listen to whatever suits my mood. My drive up to Memphis yesterday was all Hands like Houses because I was pumped about seeing them today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your pics of the Hill Country, one of my favorite places in the world. Exactly where is your home? My time there was spent mostly at Laity Lodge near Leakey. Located on the Frio River, it is a small bit of heaven, particularly for the marvelous spiritual retreats that they offer. BTW, from where did you move?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is beautiful here! I'm living in Kerrville and moved from Mississippi. I just graduated with my master's from MSU.

      Delete