Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Blogger Bliss - June

Today, I'm posting for a monthly link-up hosted by my friend, Heather, and her amazing blog friend, Meg. The point is to share the wonderful moments, people, places, and other bloggers/posts you've come across over the month. Feel free to link up with Heather and Meg and share your bliss this month!


New Home
As you know, I moved to Texas on June 1st. It was a huge leap into my officially independent, grown-up, on my own life. When I got to my little rental house, I was met with one wonderful surprise after another. I have TWO round hobbit door gates into my backyard, there's a sweet Irish welcome on a brass plate on my front door, the house is adorable, and it's just great overall. I mean, I just wake up some mornings and can't believe I have such a wonderful place to call my own.




Oh yeah, did I forget to tell you there's a freaking gazebo in my backyard?! We
found this chandelier light as Lowe's and it's perfect. Ugh. I'm so lucky.



I also adopted the love of my life, Rigby. He's just over 4 months old now and is just a wonderful dog. I love having him to come home to after work and I'm so grateful for his company and snuggles.



Can you tell I'm just a little in love?

Work
Getting out of grad school and getting a job before graduation was an absolute miracle for me and, again, I sometimes just can't believe this is my life. I am the coordinator of service-learning and volunteer services at a small university in the Hill Country and I LOVE my job. I've only been here just over two weeks, but I am so happy here. My boss is wonderful, I have made friends with co-workers and colleagues, and I have a lot of support from the administration. Really, who could ask for more?

Moment
I've had so many little moments of wonder and bliss this month. This area is so naturally beautiful. The river and the hills and the parks and trails are just my happy place. Last weekend, I went on a drive out to the next town over to scope out their adorable downtown area. It's a really cool town and I could instantly see why so many of the university faculty and staff choose to live there and have a bit of a commute. By the way, the commute looks like this:

Yeah. That's just awful, isn't it? 

Past that town is a natural "area" (literally what it says on the signs) called Enchanted Rock. I got there around sunset so I didn't get to explore it fully, but I enjoyed the drive so much that I didn't mind. Enchanted Rock is supposed to have great trails and climbing opportunities, so I'm definitely going back to make a half day out of it.

I could keep on going with this post because this month has been so full of bliss and blessings, but I'll end it here and save some of that for later. I'd also like to simply include blogging as a new method of bliss for me. I have wanted to really blog before but it didn't work out. I feel like this one is here to stay for a while and I am loving it! Big thanks to all you, commentators and bloggers alike, for your help and input!

What were your moments of bliss this month? Any particularly good memories, products, or posts you've encountered?

2 comments:

  1. Yay!! Thank you for linking-up!! Seriously... I cannot wait to see your new home and meet your new friend!! I'm so glad this was a "Blissful" transition for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure! I look forward to many more.

      Delete