Monday, June 23, 2014

Blogging Speed Bumps

Good morning, folks! Hope you had an amazing weekend.

I am doing what I can to maintain momentum on my blog, but I'm struggling with some major "to do" list items that, once checked off, will make this a lot easier. Right now, I still don't have internet at my house. I am hoping to get that taken care of this week! I also have to get a local bank account (my bank doesn't have any offices in Texas), buy car insurance, and transfer my phone bill over to my own account. Growing up and moving out is expensive!


I do have some good news: I made a friend! I was introduced to another woman who works at the university with me and we had a "doggy date" with my Rigby and her rescue dog, Baron. More on that to come later!

Right now, I also have a "to save up for" list that reads as follows:
1) dog pen - I'm trying to crate train Rigby
2) lawn mower - just want a little motor-less push mower for my tiny yard/jungle
3) outdoor furniture and lighting for my gazebo - I had a really cute DIY idea for lighting last week so expect to see that soon!
4) record player - my old roommate had one and I loved having it in the house. I have a stack of records but nothing on which to play them so I need to remedy that.

That's just my quick post for today. I'll have more on my weekend and my upcoming projects this week!

Is there anything you're working towards or saving up for now? Any exciting DIY projects in the works?

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for reminding me of all the things we still need to do. Everyone must think we're tourists with our Mississippi car tags, but I must say, it's a great comfort and excuse when we do something stupid like turn the wrong way on a one-way street downtown.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, definitely have to get a tag and license, too. Thanks for reminding me. But you're right, it's nice to think I could blame my bad driving on my newbie status.

      Delete