Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Moving to Texas: Day 2

So, yesterday I said I'd be unpacking my bedroom today. Promises, promises. That didn't get done for two reasons - 1) I woke up feeling really woozy and generally awful and stayed that way until around 2pm and 2) I ADOPTED MY DOG TODAY! The shelter named him Rigby and I thought it so cute that I kept it. He's amazing and I'm already head over heels for him.

As another amazing discovery of my house, we found a little plate on the front door that reads, "cead mile failte" which is Irish for "one hundred thousand welcomes" and is, according to my 2-minute expert Wikipedia research, a traditional welcome. My house is so full of awesome.


Here are some pics of my sweet pup and the local wildlife we met this evening. More tomorrow!


Rigby and I on the ride home!


Rigby helping my brother win MarioKart.


First trip to the park! Rigs still isn't crazy about the leash, but he's learning.


After the park, we found this majestic beast who I will probably refer to as Crookshanks. He was just stopping by to welcome us to the neighborhood. Neither he nor Rigby had any objections to each other.


This is a blurry pick of one of the TWENTY deer we saw around the neighborhood near sundown. This place is full of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment